Aromatherapy Course Information
Key Features of this Clinical Aromatherapy Course
- 6 comprehensive modules, delivered via our own easy-to-use distance learning courses platform, enabling you to study your PEOT Aromatherapy Diploma online course from anywhere in the world.
- 4K & HD video tutorials, downloadable course materials and resources.
- Our clinical aromatherapy PEOT course is delivered via online guided learning. Self-study at your own pace, in your own time.
- Access to the Purodem Academy students area, where you’ll find your courses, student groups and discussion forums with other professional aromatherapists in the Purodem community.
- Exclusive access to our iPhone, iPad, & Android apps to study on the go, and to access your student community enhancing your learning experience.
- Regular access to tutor support, to help and assist your learning as you progress through your PEOT clinical aromatherapy training course.
- As part of the Professional Essential Oils Therapy Diploma course you will the opportunity to take part in live practical CPD courses, workshops and seminars, via live-stream on our Purodem Academy members platform, and also at our UK-based venue pending Covid-19 travel restrictions.
- Internal practical assessment and assignments to be completed as part of your course in your learner unit summary at the completion of each module to help consolidate learning.
- 2 Year completion deadline.
- Learners must undertake the external IFA examination in person, within one year of course completion. (Additional exam fees apply.)
Prerequisites & previous experience
Ideally, learners should hold a professional qualification in one of the following to be eligible to enrol on this advanced level course. Please note, this list is not exhaustive:
Acupuncture, Aesthetics, Aromatherapy (Minimum Level 3), Biomedical, Chiropractic, Counselling, Herbalism, Homeopathy, Massage, Nutrition, Registered nurse, Osteopathy, Perfumery, Pharmacy, Psychotherapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Reiki, Reflexology.
To ensure that this is the right course for you during the application process we will ask you about any prior learning, current qualifications, and any experience you may have. If you don’t currently hold a professional health care practitioner or complementary therapies qualification, then ideally you will have a Degree level qualification, although this is not essential as any equivalent qualifications and/or experience will be considered.
PEOT Qualification Framework
The course is taught from the IFA PEOT Aromatherapy Diploma syllabus, which has clear aims and learning outcomes for each unit contained within a module which incorporates the National Occupational Standards (NOS), Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and surpasses the Aromatherapy Core Curriculum requirements. The syllabus also provides sample examination questions at the end of each unit.
The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) provides a structure for all qualification levelling. This qualification is pitched at Higher Education Levels 5-6 and equates to 37 or more credits. The credit value represents the depth and breadth of the teaching and learning content and the time reasonably expected to be consumed in the delivery, study, research, revision and completion of tasks and assignments.
Assessments & Examinations
Learners are required to demonstrate their understanding through formative and summative assessments in order to attain the IFA PEOT Diploma qualification. Each learner is required to submit coursework at the end of each unit, which provides evidence of the learners’ progress and understanding. On completion of the course, learners are required to illustrate their knowledge by undertaking the IFA external theoretical and practical examinations.
All compulsory assignments below are assessed and verified by your principal tutor before being presented to the IFA Quality Assurance Assessor at the practical examination, which will be externally graded. Learners will present their coursework in a portfolio. The portfolio will also include the learners’ own course notes, completed internal assessments and assignments set by their tutor to measure performance and any other evidence of other related training and qualifications.
In order to be awarded the IFA Professional Essential Oils Therapy Diploma qualification, learners must successfully complete the IFA external examinations. Before entering the IFA examinations the learner must have completed all the compulsory coursework components, as prescribed above, successfully passed the internal mock examinations set by your tutor and have a minimum of 80% attendance record.
There are 3 examinations for this qualification:
Essential Oils Therapy Examination Paper – 2 hours
Anatomy & Physiology Examination Paper – 1 hour (exemptions may apply due to your current qualifications.)
Practical Elements Assessment – (includes sampling of 5 aromatherapeutic remedies, interview and review of coursework)